Friday, August 3, 2012

God

Today has shaken my faith somewhat...actually the past three weeks have shaken my faith. I won't go into details because those are not important. It is what I have discovered about my faith that holds the weight.

I struggle with understanding God. He's inconceivable, a characteristic that is frusturating and comforting at the same time. Things happen in life-terrible, awful things-that cause me to doubt God's goodness. My perception of God as trustworthy begins to waiver when these misfortunes occur.

But what my experience has always been is this: When I am broken, I HAVE to turn to God. I can't help but do it. I can talk to my mom or sister or friends as much as I want, but they are never able to satisfy the deep need I have when I'm in pain. Last night, I came to God, broken and humiliated, and I told him, "God, I often don't understand you, and our relationship is confusing a majority of the time, but You are God, and that's enough."

He's God. That's pretty much sums it up. There's something about not being able to literally see or hear God that is what makes him the ultimate comforter. You wouldn't think so, but it's true.

I'll close with this quote by Abraham Lincoln:

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go."
-liz

Linked at The Wellspring & Good Morning Girls

1 comment:

  1. I love you sweetie...sooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful..

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!!