Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Glad Game from Pollyanna




The Glad Game in Pollyanna is very similar to what I have started doing on my Facebook page. One Sunday, after a hell-bent sermon from a bitter preacher, Pollyanna and those who helped in her home were out side snapping green beans and in a sour mood. Sundays were always like that. Pollyanna, however, lights up with the idea that her father taught her (her missionary parent's died and now she is living with her uptight & rich aunt). "Let's play the Glad Game!" Then they all went around and told something they were happy about. It did a lot to cheer them up! Inspired by Pollyanna and by Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts, I have started counting gifts that are given me by a very loving God. My routine is that my alarm is set on my phone to go off 5 times each day, and each time, I jot down something or take a photo that expresses what I am happy and thankful about at that exact minute..I have started recording these, daily, on Facebook and hope to get others to join in with me. It really does put a joyful spin on a regular day!!! ~ Bon


 
images from here & here

4 comments:

  1. Bon, I'm so happy to welcome you to Playdates with God. What a fun space you have here. And, of course, I'm a great fan of Ann's. What a wonderful idea to use you phone to help you count the gifts. Praying the "glad" comes! Everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Laura, thank you for the opportunity to link up on your blog..and yes, counting the good gifts of our Savior makes every day so much better!!!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea! When people read your updates, I bet it helps them think about what they are thankful for too. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I found this web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site.
    slitherio game

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!!