Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Inspiration

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!!!!!!!! As I was surfing youtube today I decided to search for some old Shari Lewis show episodes. Shari Lewis was an American ventriloquist most popular in the 1960s and the 1990s. She is absolutely precious and so very refreshing! It made me wonder, why does ventriloquism seem to be a dying art? Sure, you see a lot of it on Comedy Central, but it's mostly just a medium for making crude jokes and the true beauty of it is lost when its used for that purpose. I mean, what a talent!!! Thank you Joan Ganz Cooney and Lloyd Morrisett for creating Sesame Street and for keeping it alive today.

It got me thinking. I'm a performer at heart. I love to be on stage, dancing, singing and acting. It's my favorite thing!! But I can never see myself being a famous Broadway actress or Hollywood movie star. But after watching Shari, I got to thinking that perhaps I could be a tv show host like herself. Somehow, that seems like the right fit for me. How I'd love to spread joy to children and adults alike through song, dance, etc. I'd have to forego the ventriloquism, I'm afraid. But I think it would be oh so fun!!

Here's two videos of Ms. Shari that I keep replaying...I love the way she smiles at lamb chop and wrinkles her nose in the first video...so cute!

Another exceptional tv host was Mr. Walt Disney. I love how he owned the company but still found the time to appear on tv so those who we're fans of Disney could actually see who this Mr. Walt Disney was and what he was like. Several weeks ago, I found a video of Walt's last filmed appearance before he passed away. It is beautiful...enjoy it!!-liz
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!!!