Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Ideas from Bon for Liz's Disney Project #1



Ideas that are bouncing around my head for Liz's Disney project:


1) I wrote vignettes for the toddlers I taught at my favorite center..they are bursting full of their personalities and antics..a perfect jump start to a  series on baby kitty cats and their adventures in life and learning..using my own kitties and my toddlers, I will weave a magical tale..


2) One thing that I realized just now is the fact that I encourage myself and  others who need a boost to accomplish their goals, to reward ourselves with a relaxing treat once the goal is met..I just thought that this would be a great way to boost intrinsic motivation in children as well..for me, I will allow myself time to nap while listening to Christmas music, to get caught up on blogs I follow, or something as simple as having a favorite beverage..I thrive on coziness and helping children and adults understand that comfy treats await us will be the perfect gentle nudge..it is so important to promote stories that help us treat both others and our own selves with tenderness..

3) Taking all ready conceived of stories and rewriting or putting a new spin on them is a way to honor the original author and add my own spice..think of Disney's Swiss Family Robinson

~Bon

linked at  The Better Mom, Time Warp Wife, Growing Home, True Aim Education, We Are That Family, Women Living Well, lowercase letters

image from here

1 comment:

  1. I love Swiss Family Robinson! That is a great idea. Thanks for linking up at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!!