Friday, July 27, 2012

Dream BIG!!

"If you're dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough!"-author unknown

That's a stupendous quote!! I often feel that I should toss my dreams if they frighten me, believing that fear is a signal to me that my dreams are unrealistic. But that quote has completely shifted my perspective! Dreams should be frightening...they should scare your socks off!! That's what makes them so incredible when they're accomplished because they initially seemed impossible.

Most of my dreams are MASSIVE!!! And I'm learning to love this about myself...it makes me terribly excited to dive in and see them come true! I read two quotes recently that have been my personal credos:

~"Get excited and change things."
~"Accept what you cannot change. Change what you cannot accept."

Both are excellent food for thought, don't ya think?

Tonight was the opening ceremony for the Olympics. While watching, I realized that I would love to direct one of those opening ceremonies in my lifetime...my dad rolled his eyes when I told him. I don't care. If David Boyle can do it, then so can I!

Here are a few of my other bucket list dreams:
1) Revitalize today's entertainment by reviving the imaginative spirit that Walt Disney injected into his creations~this one just has to be accomplished...I'm determined above all to make this dream come true!
2) Open up an old night club with my brother...you know, like the ones that Louis Armstrong used to toot his horn in and that Doris Day serenaded in?...the kinds where people would come beautifully dressed and dance the night away to jazzy tunes...my brother Forrest and I share this dream together:)


Idea for vintage night club...image from here
3) Create wonderful films...many would be musical films...I'm dying to make George and Ira Gershwin's Crazy for You into a film...fun and witty musical!


4) Open up a school of the arts that fosters each and every talent and gift

What are your dreams?

P.S. I'm so very thankful for my sissy! She is so dedicated to helping me see my dreams to fruition! She loves to brainstorm new clever ideas and honor others who have already conceived of brilliant ideas. She and I are working on a project together at the moment, looking through old childrens books which we hope can be developed into cartoons, plays, even dances! We love the idea of honoring the work of genious minds that have preceded us! It's our way of saying "Thank you for your contribution to this planet!" Anyways, I'm realizing how much I need my sister in my pursuit of my dreams! She shares in so many of them with me; not to mention, she is so very familiar with stories and tales that would be a great springboard for development of new concepts! Love you Bon! -liz<3


1 comment:

  1. I am honored my sweet sissy..you have delighted me ever since mom told me she was pregnant with you..I sung to you in the womb and carried dreams for you ever since..thrilled to be your partner on this life & career adventure!!! I love you Liz!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!!